Release Date : 4 June 2009
Firmware Version: 50-17-090204-15-HDD-403-000
Release Note :
1. No NMT apps, still previous 00-17-090115-15-HDD-403
2. Some critical patches on 00-17-090125-15-HDD-403
3. Fixed Video_ts playback over SAMBA, with whitespace in share name, will crash.
4. Turkish codepage fix.
5. Remove “Audio */*: ***” message at start of video playback (e.g. TS).
6. PNG read failure cause crash.
7. Fixed ISO with single subtitle track cannot be display
8. Internet Radio link added in Web Services
9. MP3 volume soft after ISO/IFO playback workaround
10. Workaround DirecTV UPnP crash issue
11. Image cache issue fixed
12. Fixed long playback of some TS file causing system crash
13. Fixed formatting SATA HDD failure on some large capacity HDD
14. Fixed further DTS dropouts in MKV.
15. DTS 2-Channel downmix Support
Note: Unzip into the root of your USB thumbdrive. Browse to usbupdate.html to update.
Please DO NOT power off the unit during firmware update, as it will render your unit inoperational.
Click here to download:
Update: 2009 June: When and update this new firmware and confirm that DTS downmix is working already.. Cooooool!!!!!
Still no dts-downmix in the new update yet, however I needed to update this firmware because users been reporting problem with some media files either not playing or sound to soft.
Downloaded the new upgrade file from hdx1080.com and extracted everything into a usb memory stick.
A lot of users, before buying the various media players, do not realize that some of the machines will not be able to play DTS audio code file straight forward. You will experience the movie without any sound. This is because the media player does not have a DTS encoder to downgrade the DTS files into normal stereo that can be heard from the normal RCA jacks (red & white) or HDMI .
So here are some examples of what certain files will do with the wd hd media player, HDX1000, popcorn:-
First off before I start I am sorry I cannot compare picture quality of the wd with other machines. I didn’t realize the wd did not have component connections when I went to set it up at a friends place. But I did test on normal video out.
Ok now lets begin the first thing that strike me about this wd machine is how god damn small it is. So small that is so cute.
Updated the machine with the latest firmware using the usb key. Fast detect of the usb key and installation was straight forward lasting less than 5 minutes.
Went through the menu systems.. quick access using the tiny remote.
Receive my friends HDX1000 for updating some files again. So decided to take photos of the machine against each other as a comparisons.